Health Concerns Surrounding Dog Waste
Did you know that on average, dogs eliminate waste up to 2 times per day? Dog waste can add up quickly on a weekly, monthly, and yearly basis. Three dogs can generate up to 168 piles in one month!
Referring to the table below, how much dog waste is collecting in your yard?
# of Dogs 1st Week 2nd Week 3rd Week 1 Month 1 Year
1 14 28 42 56 728
2 28 56 84 112 1,456
3 42 84 126 168 2,184
Does this happen in your yard?
- Your dog(s) smells his or her own waste.
- Your dog(s) roll in their own waste.
- Your dog(s) or family accidentally walk in the waste.
- Your dog(s) eats his or her own waste.
If so, these activities can easily spread diseases to you, your family and your dog. There are numerous types of bacteria, diseases, viruses and parasites that can be carried in canine feces. Some of these are:
- Parvo Virus
- Whip Worms
- Hook Worms
- Round Worms (Ascarids)
Round worm can have devastating effects, even causing blindness in children. Round worms can develop within a couple of weeks and live for months to years on your property. We recommend a weekly service visit to ensure your protection against contamination and transmission to humans.
Health Benefits from Our Dog Waste Removal Services:
- Stop Disease. We are able to rid your yard of accumulated waste and potential disease-carrying pests by eliminating accrual of dog waste in your yard.
- Identify Problems Early. We are able to inform you of any concerns regarding the pet waste that is removed from your lawn, such as diarrhea and/or bloody stool.
- Protect Your Lawn. Dog waste is poisonous to lawns. It will kill your grass, not help it grow or “fertilize” it. It is a protein-based matter, not vegetable-based like horse manure. Because of this it will take more than one year for dog waste to biologically decompose when left lying on the ground. As it does, it drags all of those above mentioned parasites into the soil with it where they will linger for years.
- Keep Disease From Spreading. We disinfect all tools and shoes after each clean-up. This eliminates cross contamination in the yards we service.
Along with our weekly dog waste removal service, we strongly suggest you utilize our yard disinfectant!